Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Here I go again, riding the train to work and trying this blog thing. 
It's hard to blog when you have a brain that works in short burst of creativity and you're such a fucking
stickler for correct spelling and grammar. 
You want your fingers to work as fast as your brain and spell check to be grammar check as well, just so you can finish the post and move on to the next thing. 
There's a photo waiting to be taken, a lyric waiting to be written and a short video waiting be posted, but you must put them on pause and blog.
My first attempt at blogging was on MySpace and it was going pretty well. I had a good following beginning to develop, until I darked out and deleted my page. 
Then I tried it again on my website and yet again on Blogger.com 
But I guess stopping and starting a blog is better than never having had a blog at all. Like my Dad always says "It beats a blank."
Another thing he always told me was
"Study now and you can party later!"
Maybe I should have listened. Maybe I wouldn't be living paycheck to paycheck and working 4-5 different jobs to stay alive. 
Jobs which have included lead, background and studio singing for City Canyons Productions, playing an evil Easter bunny at Full Bunny Contact, working at a T-shirt company (Magdelena Concepts) and being a production runner at CBS college sports.
Some of these jobs have been so fulfilling and worthwhile. Others started that way and turned sour.
But being this way and having to make a dollar out of 15 cents has allowed me to see things that most people will never get to see. 
I've felt pain that most people will never feel, both physically and mentally. I've met people that most people will never get to meet, both famous and infamous.
Maybe I wasn't supposed to listen to Dad. Maybe this is the thing that makes me stronger. Yes! It is! This is the thing that fuels my brain and gives me the inspiration for the things I bring into the world, the closest I will ever come to having kids. 
Thank God, because there are a lot of them; my musical, magical, mystical, poetic and inspiring little children.
But this is something I just realized. Something that just became truly clear to me while going to work on the iron horse. 
This is who I am. This is who I am supposed to be. Not a nine to fiver with a nagging wife and 4 kids. Not that anything is wrong with that, it's just not me. I'm the guy who didn't listen, and I'm Ok with that.
I just had a true a true revelation, all this while listening to the brother across from me begin a conversation with the lovely lady next to him. 
Good luck my brother, I hope your conversation leads to happiness. I wish all of you happiness in these days, for I feel that in my hardships I have truly found mine.
These are the Last Days of Dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment